ALBANY, Ga. - Iowa Western Community College's women's soccer team tries today to bring home the Reivers' first national championship. The Division I title will be on the line as Iowa Western (20-1-1) meets Young Harris, Ga., Community College (16-1-1) at 5 p.m.
The Reivers, ranked No. 5 nationally, pulled off a pair of upsets to advance to the final. Iowa Western avenged its only loss of the season with a 3-0 win over No. 4 Laramie County in the quarterfinal. A bigger shocker came in the semifinal when Iowa Western ousted No. 1-ranked Monroe Community College on penalty kicks, 4-2, after the teams played a scoreless game through regulation and two 10-minute overtimes.
Young Harris went to form. The No. 2-ranked Mountain Lions topped No. 7 Harford 3-0 in the quarterfinals and beat No. 3 Schoolcraft 2-0 in the semifinals.
My Blog List
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(489)
-
▼
November
(31)
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2006. HERE ARE THE PHOTOSOF FUN...
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE.WE HOPE YOU ALL HAV...
- nathan, need your address so David can send Brandi...
- Dad looking like a regular old french man!! Mom wi...
- Good luck Jeff!!Thanks mom and dad for a great two...
- ALBANY, Ga. - Iowa Western Community College's wom...
- Emotions Run High On Second DayNovember 17, 2006It...
- November 17, 2006First Round Complete At Women’s N...
- Jeff's Womens Soccer team beats #1 Junior College...
- JEFF 's Team WON 3-0 Semifinals Friday at 4pm ESTW...
- Yesterday -- Gina, Stacia, Landon and Milena were ...
- Georgia Day 2We woke up, had the continental break...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!We hope you have a great day. ...
- Georgia,I think it is funny that when I went to na...
- Ok, so the secret is out. I think it is hilarious...
- Is it just me, or do these two look like long lost...
- Good Luck to Jeff and his team at Nationals!!!Go R...
- hi allthis is just a note to let you know we made ...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAYGRANDMA NANAShe would have been 90 y...
- HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY!DREW NORMAND IVLOVE YOU LOTS!!G...
- HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY!!Guillaume Andre Duffort(My Lit...
- Hope your birthday was as good as Stuarts! Love ya...
- Happy Birthday Cindi ! Sorry I missed you this mor...
- WOW 21....your getting OLD!!!Happy Birthday Littl...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDI!!!We hope you are having a gr...
- I had a Gilligan's Island kind of day! (Left for ...
- Left to right: Coach Ginn, Coach Bennett and Coach...
- The Nortons have some great pictures! I want to re...
- This year we opted for traditional costumes. We th...
- To contact Mom and Dad in Europe...Here are David ...
- FYI, for the soccer junkies (David especially). I ...
-
▼
November
(31)