We just had Christmas in July (almost July). To each child that attends music class for the year (the national music school), our commune gives a 20 Euro gift certificate to Cactus (Walmart-like store). So Margot and Guillaume each received 20 E and Alienor received 40 E because she does music theory and flute. Today Alienor is off in the afternoon and so we all went shopping for toys! I rarely go out with all 4 kids (I rarely go out period!) and when I do I always feel like momma duck with her ducklings. I only had one person, an older man, turn and watch us go by and luckily he didn't make any rude comments. He just stared in wonder and amazement and turned to his wife to say look at her with 4 kids! Margot, Guillaume (and Perceval) all got PlayMobil. Alienor was a little more difficult to shop for. She ended up with some Polly Pockets, a book, nail polish and a necklace. It only took us about an hour and there were no tears or temper tantrums which is a miracle. And then when we checked out, come to find out there's some sale on toys so they were 20% off!! Good deal. It came out to 63 E so I only used 3 of the 4 20 E coupons which means I have 20 E left to spend and the kids don't know about it!!! What a mean mother I am, taking money from my children! I'll probably buy some books that I want them to have, or a game for the whole family.
Anyway, they are all upstairs playing so nicely with their new toys that I have a few minutes to myself. That only happens every so often so I have to take advantage of it!
Hope you have a great day.
Jocelyn
My Blog List
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(414)
-
▼
June
(59)
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY ED! We hope you have a great day. ...
- HAPPY 66TH BIRTHDAY!! EDLOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND I'M...
- Hey, Marion, when you mentioned having the baby on...
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!PATRICE AND JOCELYNYou made it ...
- I know we haven't been very good about posting new...
- This morning Guillaume wanted a 'project' to do so...
- Here are the kids with their new toys - Polly Poc...
- We just had Christmas in July (almost July). To e...
- Pretty good response from the holdouts but still w...
- Here's a cute song on 'Momsense' if you havent' s...
- No title
- Hi All! Summer's here and Drew's daycare teacher,...
- Hi All! Well, Ninha has a new ‘hair do’ – it’s ca...
- Ok! Time for me to get on my high horse and reques...
- Wow I took a few baby steps without any support t...
- No title
- wow sure did enjoy all the emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...
- Hi All!! Well, Ed received a disk with X-rays of h...
- Hi All! Well, as Ed knows into each life there co...
- Hi All! It must be said - give credit where credi...
- HI ALL! SO GOOD TO HAVE ED AND MARIE - BACK ON 'HO...
- WOW, do I ever feel like a complete putz for not p...
- Happy Birthday Milena Ginn and Marie Ginn (a day...
- I figured someone else would put it on the Blog, b...
- Hi all,Just a short note ...... It is so nice to ...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA TATAWE LOVE YOUDREW IV, SHA...
- HI ALL! Here are some final pictures from Nauvoo -...
- HI ALL!! WHEN I GOT HOME TONIGHT, HAD A MESSAGE ON...
- HI ALL! Here is Ninha, Shawnna and Drew experienci...
- HI ALL! Here is more of the 'Nauvoo' adventure. Ni...
- HI ALL! Well, here is more of the Normand 'Nauvoo'...
- HI ALL! ALMOST FORGOT, BUT HERE'S A 'HAPPY FATHER...
- Hi All! Well, this is a RED LETTER DAY!! I've he...
- Hi All! Well, school is out and vacation time is h...
- I missed the Saturday night karaoke jam to take a ...
- Hi All! So, not to be out done by Shawnna, here is...
- Hi All!! Well, summer time is upon us, and along w...
- HI ALL!! THANKS MARION FOR SETTING ME STRAIGHT AB...
- Cass - Thanks for putting the info up about Jim. ...
- Hi All! Yesterday, I had a great telephone visit ...
- No title
- No title
- No title
- No title
- Hi all, Love the short hair Nina!The doctor on F...
- Hi All! So, before the bandanas and wigs, comes th...
- Ginn's 40th Anniversary VideoThanks for the good t...
- Here are a few pictures of friends we were able to...
- My mom's been getting after me to post the picture...
- 1st week of camp is over and was very successfull....
- The Gang
- No title
- Emma Lu and Julie HillmanJeff Ginn
- More karaokeTiff and Cassi Webb with Cindi......e...
- Landon, Stacia, Milena, and GraceKaraoke Cindi an...
- No title
- No title
- Hi all, I am on the mend. Life moves very slow lay...
- June 2 we had a ward temple trip. No time to reco...
-
▼
June
(59)