Monday, March 03, 2008

I've been letting myself feel busy lately and haven't been in the mood to write much. I thought I'd add a quick something tonight.
The following is cut, pasted and annotated from my journal - I'm being lazy but still wanted to post.
This is from the last Sunday in Feb. I thought I'd share a comment Alienor made to me tonight after our home teachers came to visit. Our new home teachers are Marco Glaesener and Daniel Leidelenger - French speaking. Our last home teachers (over a year ago) were Goran Hussler and Lewis Howarth – English speaking. Alienor made the comment that she kind of liked our new home teachers better. I asked why. She said it was because they spoke French. I laughed because it sounded weird to me and surprized me that she would think that. She said that church is kind of in French so talking church stuff seems more normal in French. I said I guess so. But I did point out that the Book of Mormon was first translated into English and that reading it in any other language is a translation of a translation. She said she prefers to read the Book of Mormon in English but church is in French. Funny.
Oh, and on another church note. Guillaume gave a talk today in Primary. The topic was how the stories from the Book of Mormon teach us to live the gospel. Since we just started over in the Book of Mormon we are only around 1 Nephi 5. We chose to use Nephi as an example of how we can learn from the people in the Book of Mormon. Guillaume’s talk went very well. Apparently it was really quiet and everyone listened (very rare in our Primary) and he read it really well (which was unexpected!!). He came home so excited about it that he wanted me to print out another copy of his talk to keep and he wants to give a talk in sacrament meeting sometime. It’s nice that he could have a positive experience at church because usually he doesn’t like going.

After seeing the cow picture I thought I'd add some of my own. We went to the farm (Serge and Alexa Van Dyck's house/farm, our Luxembourgish friends in the village) about 10 days ago on a day that the sun was actually shining. I brought my camera.

Here's Guillaume on a pile of hay with the back part of the barn in the background. You can't tell in the picture but right behind the hay the floor slopes down and back into the barn where Serge stores his round bales of hay and his farming machinery. You can see how few bales are left - winter is coming to an end. In the fall he has over 500 bales back there, stacked 5 high - which I am constantly having to keep the kids off of. What you also can't see in the picture is that Guillaume is at the end of the cow area so he has cows on each side of him.
Here he just rotated on that same pile so I could take a picture of him with the cows.
They also have a dog that Guillaume loves to play with. I just love being able to visit the farm whenever I like to let the kids get dirty and play with the animals. Of course I love even more being able to leave it all behind and come home to a clean-ish house, animal-free.
I've wanted to take a picture of this one for awhile and finally had my camera available. I think it's a little pointless! But it sure made me chuckle. Lots of births in the springtime. Here is a little calf trying to shy away from Guillaume who kept coming up from behind - which scared the calf.

OK, those are my cow pictures. But I had to laugh at the cow licking his nose because it's true, they do that all the time. Oh, the 'farm' stuff I'm learning!

Followers

Blog Archive