Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I thought I´d bore you all with some girls camp talk!!

Girls camp is in a week and there is still so much to do! But I have to admit that I´m really excited about it this year. As mom, dad and I were talking last Saturday I mentioned that I still get crap from my Stake leaders (NOT the young women) about the fact that we have to have camp seperate boys and girls. Now, for us U.S.ers that is completely normal, but here it´s taking me a long time to get it through their heads, "the CHURCH program is GIRLS CAMP". Anyway, back to what mom and dad and I were talking about... mom made the comment that at the end of camp I need to send the Stake leaders an "evaluation" of camp (which I did three years ago and it never got read), but this year I need to make it simple and show percentages etc. Well I am proud to say that this year I am going to give my Stake leaders a one page evaluation with this information:

Girls Camp 2007 = 52 participants
Girls Camp 2008 = 60 participants
Girls Camp 2009 = 90 participants

Yup, that´s right, this year I´m up to 90 people that will be going to Girls Camp. I´m finally getting a little more support from the YW leaders and I have girls coming out of no where that what to come. I invited a neighboring District, I have 4 girls coming from the other stake because they´ve heard it´s so fun and a few non-member friends.

We´ll see if this gets their attention.

And I have 20 LITs (Laurel leaders) this year, which is a lot of work, but they have a great time.

Well, I better get back to work. After years of hard work I just had to brag for a minute...oh and by the way a few more girls and I would have beat the total of this years Stake Youth Conference, that had a total of 99 kids and leaders.

Anyway, wish me luck...it´s going to be crazy!

Followers

Blog Archive