Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009 - An uncle's view

SO as usual I spent Christmas with one of my siblings families and played camera man. I love the role, I always get the traditional white socks and some odd gifts from various random people in our family. Ive spent a couple of Chirstmas's with Nates family and lately have spent the majority with Bobby's. They are always memorable and fun. I do get jealous that they all have fun wives and kids... but when the screaming of children becomes the background music I sort of get all happy that I can just drive away to my lonely cave in LOgan anytime I want. For the most part... the Ginn kids are not screamers... wow, this is not where I was intending to venture.



OK So I arrived at Bobbys home Christmas eve, I gave them my new camera (my Christmas present from mom and dad). I told the kids to take lots of pictures of themselves.. so here they are taking photos of themselves...



We woke up Christmas morning to find a living room full of Christmas gifts. The kids got some killer new clothes, some fun stuff to share (sled, board games, etc) and some other individual items you can see in the pics below. And nobody rewrapped stuff the kids already had in the dresser (thanks bob and nate!).

Here are the pics from opening presents...


I want to just take this moment to give everyone props:

Cindi, you are a punk. You sent me an email the other day and nearly made me cry. You always have a way of touching the weapiest part of my inner soul. I wish we were kids again... I'd totally let you have the t.v. remote once in a while. But honestly, we had some killer good fights over that blasted thing. And I probably would have never let you ride a snowboard!

Bobby, you and I are so different its crazy. I am always jealous to see my brother with so much energy and vigor to be active. You and your family are sweet and I love them dearly. You and Gina provide a home away from home away from home ;) You don't have any idea how grateful I am to you and all the time you spend dealing with me and my carelessness. Thanks!

Nate, I am so grateful for your example. You are a goofball like me and a softy like me. Yet you know how to walk tall as a man and do the things the Lord requires of you at all times. You have a way of calmly letting me know that you are in charge of your daily life and that you are happy. You have a beautiful wife and children that in this chaotic world seem to have a maturity about them that is impressive and exciting. Thanks for being our older brother and leader.

Mommy, You are an angel because I don't know too many times you have been wrong ;) and you have put up with all of us that are never know what we are doing :) You are the matriarch that has always loved each and every one of us no matter what we have done. You are the one that has taught us the principles accountability, hard work and faith simply bay your own actions. You have dealt with a ton of crap and kept us all grounded as citizens. You have raised four oddly wonderful children that because of you have grown up to be servants in our communities. Each child serves and this is a refection of you and your willingness to teach us the "golden rule." You are loved and adored and although we may give you a hard time, just know that its because we are all jealous that we are not as angelic as you. Love you mom.

Daddy, The rock. The man has always gotten up every day and worked so that we can be happy. We all learned something more valuable than anything from you and that was to love doing what you do. I remember as a kid visiting your office and listening to how silly you were with your patients (both young and old). I was so emberased because I didn't know if anyone outside of our family got your humor. But every time you cracked a joke or said something most people wouldn't say to a stranger... they laughed, they smiled they left going... "dang that hurt but I'm laughing too!" You were the one that calmly punished us when we did something wrong and mom couldn't catch us as she chased (with a wooden spoon raised in full battle cry form) us in circles around the island in the kitchen. You were also the guy that when you came home and me and all of my friends were shooting hoops in the front yard, you would drive in full force in to the gutter clogged up by our leaves and try to spray us all with gross gutter water.

My family. The best present I could ever have... the support, love and care from my family! Even if it is bobby trying to sufficate me with the big yellow bean bag, cindi wanting to watch x - files when i was already watching something, my mom infamously yelling "gooooo Jeffers" from the sideline, I always smiled when she did that even if I made it seem like I hated it or if it is dad waking me up with a hand carved 2x4 on a beautiful Monday morning because I didn't take the trash cans to the curb... Sorry dad, the stupid thing didn't hurt... I remember laughing after you spanked me and how you just got more and more upset.

I love each of you, your kids and your spirits. Thank you for always supporting me and always loving one another.

Merry Christmas!

Followers

Blog Archive