Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hooray for me!!! The last four weeks on Thursday evenings. I have been taking a class offered by the church and local ham operators. It was taught by a member of our ward. I took it in order to take the exam to become a licensed amateur radio operator at level one technician. Now I am a
ham and am able to help out in an emergency in the stake.

My dad always wanted to become a ham operator but when he was alive you had to know Morse code and he could never manage to learn it even tho he tried several times. It is no longer needed to get a license. Anyway, I have studied the manual and taken the practice test many times on line the last week or so. So much so that I had the answers pretty much memorized. I only missed one on the real test tonight and it was something I never found in my studying - so I am happy.
Would have loved to have gotten 100% but 97% is not too bad - I beat Bob Douglas he missed two and tied Gordon Quayle- so I can go to church Sunday and hold my head up - YEA, YEA, YEA

Followers

Blog Archive