Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The last week of coaching has been frustrating, but good in other ways. Last week, we as coaches asked our players of their frustrations. And we were well pleasesd with all but one of them. As everything seemed to be the same as our concerns and frustrations. One boy, a local kid, replied that all 1op 10 reasons for frustration was due to coaching. As you can imagine, I was shocked. However, more humbled than anything. It was a gut check, our worst player on the team telling me I was not qualified. I took a step back and tried to figure stuff out. I am good now, but it was humbling. Anyway, the next day we gave his momoent. He played right back, 5 minutes and 2 goals later, the entire team was yelling at us to pull him off. We let him stay for another 5, if not for the GK it would have been bad.

Halftime rolled around. I am calming Mr. Creighton ( our Division 1 Transfer from Creighton) down and Bennett is talking to everyone else. All of the sudden I hear a blow up abaout us blankin mormons. The phrase is used a number of times! We get rid of the kid and then his mom comes over and sayd you Blankin mormons are a cancer to this community!

It was pretty brutal! It did not bather me intantly. As I contimplated the situation, I could only imagine the hardships of Joseph Smith and everyone else that helped restore the gospel. It has been fascinating that due to my faith I can be a good or bad coach. It is fascinating that people still can't get along. It is amazing that the people that help settle this city are not recognized as people of integrity and vision.

Being in the publics eye is amazing to me. Going to the grocery store and having people staop me to talk to me about club or college soccer is so frequent it is exhausting...I seriously go shopping late at night these days. I have been here for just over two years, not that it is anywhere as intense, but I start to have some compasion for the people in the gossip magazines. No matter what I do, it reflects on myself, my religion, my commitment to soccer etc. I never thought that this kind of stuff would happen to me. Due to ignorance and speculation, the world is truly a cruel place.

I just thought I would share my thoughts and events with you. I am growing and developing. And as crazy as life is her, I am enjoying it.

I love and miss you all!

Followers

Blog Archive