Friday, February 23, 2007

Cindi,as promised pulled through ( a little late, but as promised :)

Cindi sent me a Real Madrid FC Scarf. It now borders the other half of my window...opposite of rival FC Barcelona. The scarf Cindi got me looks very similiar to this one that I found on the web.


Along with the scarf was a brilliant and very sturdy Real Madrid FC Key Chain. It was not a cheap item. Cindi pulled up strong. I am very grateful. I know she was cringing when she purchased the gear...but at least she was in Madrid when she purchased the and did not get beat up as the Ignorant American buying madrid gear in Barca!


I hope all is well with all of you around the world. I messaged Andy while he was in Germany...sounds like he was having a good time checking vw shops and such.

To catch you up with me...

...I'm not far from 30, and chillin with soccer. I have been learning tons about recruiting and have focused more on the specifics. Also I have been truly working on the development of myself as a coach as well as the coaches in our club. I have learned that being an adult is no fun at all. However, the highlight of the last few weeks...I acquired a little 10 year old girls team. Oh how fun and rewarding these girls are. They are fun and bring back what it is all about! Thes girls have revived me and remind me all the time why i love soccer so much.

Teaching the basics, I mean the real basics, have really helped my coaching eye. I have not said "lock your ankle" in years...well at least not like this. It is fun, they are fun and a very happy upbeat group.

Recruiting is nearly complete. Especially on the girls side. We are slowly removing all of the boys that we do not want back...or should I say, they are removing themsleves...bad grades, getting in trouble, etc. We have a no tolerance policy this semester and it is clearing a lot of bad eggs.

Anyway, no girl to talk about as "soccer is wife."

Love and miss you all!

Followers

Blog Archive