Thursday, September 13, 2007


O.K. So I understand that the picture is not of me, but it is a picture of our leading goal scorer (Daniel Blevins from Topeka, kansas)on the women's team. I thought a picture...any picture would be better than no picture.

Anyway, the polen count and other allergy stuff is very high and both teams are finishing up thier illness times. It did not help that in a span of 8 days both teams traveled on a bus for just under 70 hours and played 5 matches each. The teams headed to idaho...Coeur d’Alene to be exact. We went there for some great competition and to see a gorgeaous part of the county. Genrally, we take the western kids somwhere they might not get to see (like the mall of america in Minnesotta). This year we decided we would talk the Iowa (midwest) kids to see a part of the country they normally would not get to see. If you go to the link that i put up a few lines ago, you will see the gorgeous surroundings of the institution there and recognize that dead center is a green field where the soccer field is located.

Anyway,

The ladies are 5-1-1 and the men are 3-2. We are pleased with both teams and feel strongly that the women are the deepest team in the nation and that the men are the scrappiest (opposite of the same word without the s) team in the nation. Both teams are a joy to coach and be involved with as they are all good people, students and hard workers.

O.K. So I have had a number of you ask what the girls name is. Her name is Jessica. She goes by Jessie, and she hates calling me GINN, so she calls me Jeff. I allow it, because we make each other laugh tons! Last night i got off work around 9pm, she came over to the school around 8 and we putboth our legs in the ice cold whirlpool (my calves still hurt and she just started working out again so we were both sore.) So she came over and put our feet in 55 degrees water and shivered together as we made fun of one another. She had already eaten, and I had not, so I suggested we go buy some soup...and again she laughed at me and them later agreed to go with me to the store to get some soup and oyster crackers. Anyway, she is delightful and keeps me on my toes...we are going camping in two weeks. The camping at lake arrowhead will involve kyacking and fun stuff like that so pray that it stays somewhat warm the next few weeks. Jessies mom has worked for the wildlife of Iowa for the last ???? years and knows everyone in the outdoors in the midwest. She is sort of like our Dave Webb that we all miss so much. So it looks like I have to start eating granola and purchase some trail boots to keep up with Jessie and her family.

Life is decent and I am enjoying the great weather we are having in the midwest. I miss and love you all dearly. Keep smiling and be happy!

Followers

Blog Archive