Tuesday, June 10, 2008





HI ALL!! Who doesn’t enjoy getting something in the mail, especially a ‘package.’ Grandparents love getting packages in the mail, especially when they are from their children or grandchildren. Recently, I received a package in the mail from Ninha, Shawnna and Drew – what a fun surprise for this ‘Old Grandma TaTa’!! In it were the pictures shown above. The ones of Shawnna and Drew are this year’s school pictures, which were taken early in the school year and of course, pre ‘short hair cuts’!! They both have grown a lot this year, especially Drew – in these early years, the children just ‘shoot up like flowers.’!! The picture of Andy and the kids was taken about a year ago – so you can see lots of change and growth with the kids – Andy’s about the same – hopefully, he’s finished growing!! Another item tucked away inside my package, was the fun ‘apron’ you see me ‘modeling’ at my office (another Mother’s Day present) – showing off to my fellow employees!! I'm sure Ninha did the basic artwork, with the kids coloring in the objects. If any of you are around me for any length of time, and especially if it’s time spent around my house, you know I am an ‘apron wearer.’ This is a throw back to my days of working in the liquor stores – it started as sort of a ‘phase’ because it was always kind of dusty and dirty there but somehow it stuck and even followed me home – where I have a ‘veritable cornucopia’ of different aprons – one for every kind of holiday and those to compliment the color of my ‘attire’ while ‘cooking’ and ‘entertaining’ (HeeHee – as if I really do any of that!!)
Well, anyway, Thanks Ninha, Shawnna and Drew for the sending of the ‘package’ and the bright spot it was in my day!!

Love,
Grandma TaTa

Followers

Blog Archive