Saturday, April 04, 2009

It's been a while

I have not been able to post anything because either soccer is all I have to talk about or life is just not that exciting. Anyway, the soccer club is progressing very well. We have active board members and a foundation committee that is assuring longevity for the clubs existence. If things continue to develop I believe I will be stuck in Logan for a long time with wages comfortable enough to actually take care of a family and go to a class here and there soon. I am actually starting to believe all of the soccer work I have done over the last 11 years is going to finally reward me in other "happy" ways.

We had our annual parents and public meeting for the club. It was fun, a year ago I was up there as the new guy selling all of these new ideas. I have about 200 people that have bought in and of those two hundred people I have the fortune to have a foundation committee that is taking all of this very seriously. They want to build for future generations! At the meeting I enjoyed simply introducing the gentlemen in charge of the foundation committee and sitting down. So as I sat back and saw a room light up with excitement I just got that comfortable feeling that I am in the right place doing the right things ate the right time for the right people. It was very comforting. It was the first time that i was convinced that i made the right decision to leave Iowa.

The foundation committee shared their reasons for being part of this change in culture and presented some action plans to get things going>

Among the action plans were:

Infinity Day with Real Salt Lake, where we take over the half time show, the pregame show and possibly have one of our girls sing the national anthem! It is a huge project that has the possibilities of generating between $20k-$40k if we do things properly!

Another plan is to have a banquet and auction for the entire club. the expectation is to invite boosters to be recognized as well as the players and teams. The goal is to raise $25k-$40 on that event. Stuff like a ten person hunting trip for 5 days is being offered (the trip is worth $10k). We do not have many of the details, but it seems to be very possible!

A golf tournament fund raiser is moving forward.

A full pledged booster program that already has major commitments in line. The goal is not to get a million small business, but to hit up the major businesses and earn $100k in the next year on boosters alone. It is very doable as cache Valley is very industrious and has a reputation of taking care of their own. Again, we already have multiple contracts nearly completed right now!

The big seller was announcing the plans for a $4 million soccer specific indoor and outdoor soccer complex for the community. We already have a construction company that has agreed to supply the labor, the materials and wants 50% of the ownership rights with no say as to what happens to the building...just wants half of the money when it is ever sold. We also have people stepping up to the plate donating land.

In the meeting, we had four millionaires in the room that all expressed genuine interest in building this environment and soccer complex for our community.

The Lord is truly blessing me (and this community) for things I am not sure that I deserve. Please keep me in your prayers, as this could be my way through life.

I don't think I am going to be some millionaire or anything, but I think they have recognized what I do and want to make sure that I don't leave. It is humbling and rewarding to see the Lord answer my prayers and know my needs.

I love and miss you all :)

Here is a sketch of the first draft of the soccer complex. If you look you will see that the indoor facility is big enough for two full indoor fields the plan is to have six offices, two locker rooms, a store and a conference room. It is a major project!

About two months ago the foundation committee brought this sketch in, framed it and said, "this is what you have brought to our community." and thanked me, Sherri and Robson for all that we do to develop the sport and improve their children. What great reward!

if you click it you will see a bigger more detailed image.



Love and miss you all! Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts! You are all in mine!

Followers

Blog Archive