Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bobby makes me jealous...however, I have had an absolutley wonderful weekend of soccer myself. The IWCC womens team knocked 7 balls in the net and held back from scoring as they worked on possesion for nearly 40 minutes against a 4 year school. Mind you it was a Division 3 school, we humiliated them, as they did not earn a single shot on goal. The IWCC Men...wow...the most talented group of players I have ever had the priveldege to train. They beat the same schools (Buena Vista University) men's team 3-1 and out shot their opponents 22-4. Bobby gets a brownie point for this one as he introduced a system of play to me last week, I studied it and sold it to Coach Bennett and the boys and the boys confirmed that it was a good sale as they played nearly perfect in a 2-3-3-2 formation. It was fun and fast. If you go to this link you will see some pictures. There are 70 of them. I can be seen in Gray Cargo Shorts folding my arms on the sideline in Picture #38.

THE IWCC matches were also part of the "Meet the Reivers" night. We had nearly 500 people in the crowd, the players threw autographed shirts and soccer balls to the crowd and after the match they made themselves available to sign autographs. The kids ate it up...You can see pictures by clicking here. The girls in the pink shirts are my U14's. The girls in Green jerseys are my U17's. All of the other girls getting autographs in the summer camp shirts are some of the younger teams in the club. It was a very rewarding day for me as I got to witness the development of soccer in this community. I am very proud and grateful to be part of the development of soccer in this community.

So Saturday, the total goals for teams coached was 10, total allowed 1.

Sunday, I made it to early morning sacrament and headed to Lincoln befor the closing song. My cherrished U14's moved up a division, as they were division 2 champions last spring. They were playing their first Division 1 match. I was nervous, as was not sure what to expect. The girls came out looking sharp offensively and unorganized defensively. They got scroed on in the 5th minute...after that it was all us as we won 4-1. It was a great way to start thier season. 3 hours after the 14's kicked off I had to be back in Omaha 50 Miles away) for my U17 Girls first Game of the fall. I had my assistant warm them up and start them in a standard 4-4-2. I showed up with 5 minutes left in the first half, I watched 5 minutes, realized we were the dominant team, changed the formation to 3-4-3 and the final result was 4-0 in our favor. It was a fun weekend.

Total goals for teams coached over the weekend was 18, total allowed 2.

The IWCC men play Monday night against Bobbys old rival when he was at William Penn. Grandview College is an NAIA school with a ton of tradition and experience. The two coaches are people that both Bobby and I have a ton of respect for. It is a scrimmage match, so it should be a good time! Bobby I will tell Blair and Ventsi hello for you!

I hope all is well. I am very busy with club and college soccer. It is a great feeling to be developing and maturing as a soccer coach and as a person.

Love you all & miss you all tons!!!!!!!!!

Followers

Blog Archive