Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Georgia,

I think it is funny that when I went to nationals with UVSC that it was in Georgia, and now I am back as a coach, in Georgia. The ladies have looked sharp and quick the last 9 days of training. They got three days off to let themselve heal after the District Championship and then they got back in to work. Some of our best training sessions have been this past week. The girls are very focused, well disciplined and humbly confident. I am very excited, but more importantly I am trying to just have fun and absorb all of this. I have also relayed to the girls that this is an experience, that they should absorb every emtotion, every trial, every accomplishment and truly have fun away from school. We left this morning at 4 am from Council Bluffs to catch a flight at 9:40 in Kansas City.The flight was direct to Atlanta and then we drove three hours to Albany Georgia, Home of Darton College.

We just returned fron a dynamics stretch and 10 minute run. We do this to get the blood flow again after 12 hours of sitting. We had two girls that had never flown before, and most of them had never been on a subway (there was one in Atlantas airport). The NON LDS Girls were infactuated with the poles on the subway...think about it. The LDS Girls are pretty chill so they rolled with the humor.

We are going to eat tonight, then get up tom. eat, stretch, run and then we have pictures and a training session in the afternoon. I will try to keep a journal at the end of each day. We will be here until Monday morning when we will fly out. I will get back to Iowa Monday at 5 pmish and then 6am on Tuesday I get to fly to California on a recruiting trip..but really to hang with ma and pa and Bobbys family. Pretty much i do not have to see my office for two weeks straight!

Love you all, and miss you all tons.

P.S. Nobody knew what it was when I pointed to the Cotton fields...one asked if it was snow...girls are sorta ditzy. Georgia brings back wonderful memories from my mission...it is nearly identical to North Carolina.

Followers

Blog Archive