Monday, November 06, 2006

I had a Gilligan's Island kind of day! (Left for a three hour tour, and stayed a long time!) We left this morning at 9:30 to take Patrice to the train station in Saarbrucken. It's an hour drive there. I thought I'd be back by noon. We missed the train by about 1 minute. So we had to drive further to catch the train at the next possible stop... it turned out to be Mannheim which is an hour and a half further! Luckily we made that train! So I had to turn around and drive all the way home. UGH! We stopped in Kaiserslautern on the way back through to get something to eat. I can't pass up the chance to get good pretzels (the BIG ones) and it's the Lebkucken (traditional spice cookies) time of year so I stocked up on those too. The kids recognized the store we went to so they felt like they had really returned to Germany. The store is right next to a small American Caserne and as we were driving away Margot said, 'Oh, we're in Germany, and there's the American flag!' As if the two normally go hand in hand.
Because Alienor usually comes home for lunch (school is out from 12-1:45) and then goes back to school (MWF afternoons 1:45-3:45) I had to call and have her stay at school and eat at the cafeteria. As it turned out, I just barely got home before her at 4pm!
So that was my whole day... driving! I'm glad I'm flexible!
Hope your day was more productive than mine!
Jocelyn

Followers

Blog Archive