Sunday, March 12, 2006





We got these white chairs for free. The white is not going to "fit in" with the new house's look.
So I stripped the white, laquer,baked on paint. Put on 2 coats of stain, 3 coats poly....
Goes with the house decor now.





One day I will be rich and will be able to afford new chairs!!! I enjoy working in the workshop!
The first pic is "Tower 2 half way done. The 2nd is "Tower 1" 90 percent done.
The stain process is a difficult one. I didnt want them black and I didnt want them brown so I stained them a Walnut stain, then wiped on an oil based black paint, wiped the black off almost immediately so only a little black would stay. (a little antique look) Lots of wiping. Then more walnut stain, then 3 coats of polyeurothane(sp). Lots of fun hard work.

Followers

Blog Archive