Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Well, I got mom to the hotel near the Bussels airport last night and decided to let her get a few hours rest without us - so I headed home with my two holy male terrors. Today both Margot (gastroenteritis as they call it here) and Alienor (fever) are sick. I'm crossing my fingers that mom's trip home is uneventful and does not include a barf bag!
Happy Birthday Jeff!
I think the snow has finally slowed down here. It was snowing on the drive home last night (early morning actually) but seems to be raining today. I can't wait for the weather to warm up and spring to arrive, although I know I still have months before that happens.
I broke the news to mom while she was here (no, not pregnant!) so can share with all of you now. I did the paperwork and took Guillaume and Margot out of school. We are officially a homeschooling family. I'm only on my third week, with a week vacation in there, so it's still very new but we are enjoying it. The first week was great and there was an amazing difference in Guillaume's behavior. Since, I have not been as structured (I'll blame it on mom's visit!) and I haven't followed my schedule so well. (mom would say, what schedule?!) I'm basically doing a different theme each week and then all the activities are focused around that theme. I'd like to focus on reading too because they don't start reading and writing until first grade here so Guillaume is behind according to US standards. I took them out now so I could spend the rest of this school year as a trial basis. Guillaume would normally start first grade in the fall. I've decided to keep all the kids home until first grade. But I'm not sure past that. Patrice and I don't agree 100% so there is still some negotiating to do!
Mom's survived her two weeks at our house and is happy to head home ALONE! Don't forget to ask her what her impressions of our branch were. The look on her face was pure ... I don' t know exactly but she looked very disturbed. I'd say she was overwhelmed to say the least!
Well, need to get Guillaume at music. Have you ever heard of boomwhackers? I bought some, had them shipped to mom and she brought them. When I dropped Guillaume off at music today, I saw his teacher had a set in her hands. It's a small world. www.boomwhackers.com. Mom thought I was crazy to bring them into the house and that I was only asking for trouble!
Have a great day!
Jocelyn

Followers

Blog Archive