Thursday, April 13, 2006

Lucky me...I got the opportunity to talk to mom today. When the conversation began she sounded like she was in a lot of pain, and from the conversations I have hd with her and dad...she has every reason to be feeling pain. I talke dot mom for nearly 30 minutes with the warning, "if I hang up on you it is because I have to hurry and throw up." Mom chuckled when she said it and I got a laugh out of it as well. As we chatted she became jovial and fun...mom is amazing...we talked about her and her status for the first 6 or 7 minutes and she turned the conversation in to, "so how are you Jeff?" And would not let me bring the conversation back to her setbacks and struggles. Mom is amazing, she has always been such a rock for this family and has raised five amazing kids...dad included. I point this out because, for the first time i realized how important all of her lectures and follow ups from her are...today, i grew up (a little) and gain a stronger appreciation for mom, I had a normal conversation with her the chipperness came with her hearing about my success and day to day life. I heard pride in her sore voice. Mom, is an amazing person and I love her for all of the many lectures and arguments and disiplinary actions she has taken on me.

We kids sure our blessed to have such amazing parents, cousing, aunts and uncles...as difunctional as we all may be...we all truly care, and love one another and all people.

Thank you Mommy and Daddy! You are everything that drives me to better.

With Love,

Jeffery Jon

Followers

Blog Archive