Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A letter of rebuke...

In so many ways this is the best and sometimes only way we get to stay in touch with one another. The summer and in to the fall we were all awesome about keeping everyone up to date and it was very nice to know of everyone's happenings and whereabouts. I have no idea what Jocey is up to or if Bryan is dressing up as the Grinch with side kick Billy Joe, no idea if Cindi and David burried their heads in the sand after Barca lost in the championship yesterday, no clue if Alexa is dancing all over the place, no Clue if Landon recovered from surgery, no clue what mom and dad are doing for Christmas...have I made my point?

For you to get to know what I have been doing...I think it is boring...But then I read what you guys think is boring, I personally enjoy it....Back to what I have been doing...

...After the women's team made an appearance in the national championship match we have had 20-30 NCAA Division I and Division II soccer programs after our girls. This means helping sell our kids and trying to get the kids to go to the highest bidder, with the best soccer and best opportunity to show up and play as an impact player. It is not an easy chore. We have one girl, one that I have coached since she was 12, going to BYU-Hawaii. There is a very long list of interested schools...I will not list. Most would be satisfied with the job we did at Nationals, but for me, being an NJCAA coach is more about getting players to move to the next level of soccer after their time here is complete. I have spent countless hours creating highlight videos and downloading matches (you can view them at
www.reivers.blogspot.com). Within all of this I have been getting our schedule for next year finalized....We have waaaaaaay too many away matches, so I will be spending some of my vacation time dealing with coaches and persuading them to come to our place...Not fun! We are planning on bussing to Northern Idaho and Cheyenne, Wyoming to give our kids an opportunity to see different parts of the country.

Anyway, life is busy, fortunalty I have been in good contact with Andy via MSN and kept up to date on his status in Chicago.

I hope to see pictures and letters and fun stuff this month as this is a special time of year and it is very unfortunate that we do not get to spend it with one another as I am sure we would like to...Even if there is an argument over an in-n-out dinner...It would still be fun to be around everyone. Fortunately, I do get to spend the next 2 weeks with Bobby and his family...Maybe not so fortunate for them, but for me...Very fortunate!

Merry Christmas, be safe and know that I miss and love each of you dearly.

P.S. Now it is your turn....Just click the "Create" Link and type away :)

Followers

Blog Archive