Sunday, March 25, 2007

O.K. So I begin a novel...

...I turned 30 over two weeks ago. It was not a big deal, but still, it sucks. One more year in the singles ward and I am done being single "young" adult status as far as the church is concerned...everyone pray and fast that my wife falls in my lap this year. Seriously though. The last two months I have gotten a bit of a break from soccer....at least the coaching part of things.

Dad mentioned that I have something bothering me in my abdomen area. I am not sure what it is, as I have never had to see the inside of a hospital as a patient, well at least for an illness...a broken bone, and knee surgery, but not illness. So, i am not sure what to think about this pain. WebMD says it could be Irritable Bowel Syndrome, dad thinks it could be an ulcer...

...the ulcer could make some sense, as me becoming a 30 year old just happened to bring along some different stresses. As the majority of you know I am the coaching dirctor (I coach the coaches) of a soccer club that I helped develop. It has been very rewarding, but it sure is difficult to change a community's customs, habits and mind sets. Truly, the soccer in this community has been solely recreational for over 20 years. In comes Coach Ginn and all of a sudden things are changing. Before i go on let me express how badly this communtiy needs a competitive club, how badly they need to evolve and that simply this city has the potnetial of having a very successful soccer community within itself. O.K. so there are "old schoolers" that dont want change, that don't want to evolve in to the 90's let alone the 21st century. So needless to say, we (I) have our enemies and they will do anything to stop us. SO I personllay have been accused of recruiting when i am not allowed to do so. It is a complicated matter, but when you are an honest person trying to be charitable and you are accused of doing something illegaly, it will bother you.

Some people ask why I care, whiy I even deal with the club stuff when I have a college program. It is difficult to explain, but to be honest it is not a question I ask myself. I love developing kids, not just in soccer, but as citizens. The kids in our club have seen drastic changes in their study habits and choice of vocabulary...I would even go as far as stating that they are learning morality, as short shorts and sleeveless shirts are not tolerated at training or soccer events. The parents have complimented on these aspects a ton to me. i am proud of that.

The last two weeks, disagreeing with other people (that I respect) within the club and having people outside of the club create accusations has been a step in to adulthood. I can no longer play the young and dumb ignorant card and i have been thrown a number of tirals the last month. Nothing is ever resolved with perfection, but I believe I have handled some stuff very well and stressed about somethings tons.

So the ulcer idea...not a bad thought. I will see a dr. if it persists.

I have been playing indoor soccer in an over 30's league the last few weeks. I enjoy it because i am one of the better players, however, I am used to playing with college kids, that move off the ball and make me look brilliant...so now I do the opposite role and have to do all of the moving...it is good for me, as I am using it as a work out. I am already feeling better from it. The only negative, my legs are sore the next day from being over wirght...so far, the knee has proved to be nimble and and agile, yet loose and ready to tear. Pretty much the dr. told me that the ligaments in both my acl and mcl are skinny...pretty much said, one day the acl will tear no matter how careful I am. SO I am careful, but lately I have been feeling a little testy and it has held strong. AND YES MOM, i am wearing the brace.

It was spring break last week for the kids and teachers, not the coaches. One day the coaches got away and went golfing. I was only 1 over par after three holes, I was gettig lucky! Anyway, after that the pain started up and by the 9th hole I could not swing anymore. I did not play the back 9. I shot a 51 in case anyone is wondering.

Friday was our one day off. I went out to west omaha, got a head and neck message and dyed my hair a deep brown and got it cut. I had a relaxing weekend, went to bed early and woke up late two days in a row. I have tried to relax a ton to see if the pain will reside.

O.K. so church was good today. After church I came home, watched some ncaa basketball and then pulled out my present from dad. Dad sent me a small train set for my birthday. I sat down for about 2 hours constructing it to see what it can do. The electrity works, as does the engine. In due time I will do as Grandpa Ginn used to do and build a platform and a small farming community for the train to venture through and around. It may take some time and trips to omaha (the nearest train shop) to develop a larger scale of ideas. Bout it will be fun.

Anyway, that is my life and now I am heading to bed.

Oh yeah, nate called Saturday to wish me a late happy birthday. It is good to hear from him. He is so busy and being so productive lately, it is difficult for the two of us to have time to chat! I can't wait until May when we all get to hang out!

Love you all!

Followers

Blog Archive