Monday, March 05, 2007

Yeah I finally got on! For some reason blogger hasn't been letting me log in so I haven't been able to post. Here are some ramblings...
My latest church news... I got a new calling in January. Stake nursery leader. The stake primary president (whom I really like) wanted me to do a training meeting at stake conference in March which has luckily been postponed until October's conference! When I told mom about it, she said, oh, so you're not primary president any more? I said no, it's just another calling in case I didn't have anything else to do right now!!
But last week after ward counsel the bishop asked me to stay for a minute. Most of our ward is pretty young (28-45) with young families. The bishop is in his late 30s. We have about 5-8 strong families that kind of lead/direct/run everything. We are all friendly and there's a strong feeling of unity. I love serving with them. Anyway, Jean-Luc said, pull up a chair and sit down, or you're going to fall over! I know they've been making changes and we've talked but I wasn't quite ready to change callings yet. But Heavenly Father always seems to call you elsewhere just when you were getting your calling under control. So I've been called to be the young women president. It threw me for a loop because just a couple days earlier I had been talking to his wife and telling her that the one place I wouldn't want to be was young womens! But I feel good about it now.
So last week was kind of my last week to run the show. Things went OK. This week I'm really in limbo because I'm still doing primary this next sunday, with a teacher/board meeting to boot, and yet I'll be in yw. Weird to go from being one president to another. But exciting to serve.
I kind of feel like it's one big juggling act. They are changing all 3 auxiliaries (presidencies) this next Sunday. It's like we're all standing in a circle juggling our things and then we all throw our stuff up and take one step to the right and catch our neighbors things. Make any sense? Since there's only about 7 women that could be president, it's like we just take turns. Are any of you having similar experiences? Cindi?!
Other than that, there's not much else. Church takes up most of my brain space after the kids. As for homeschool, I don't know if I ever posted about it (just to bore you!) but I changed curriculums back in november and now follow an 'official' french curriculum. It was mainly to get the Luxembourg inspector lady off my back. And it has been nice not to have that pressure. It has helped Guillaume's French too.
As for the kids, Alienor is doing well in school. She started the flute this year and is actually pretty good. She's musically gifted overall - sings well too. She's dying to start the piano but that's not until next year. Guillaume gets to start an instrument next year and has chosen the clarinette. Margot has already chosen the violin and Perceval the guitar! There's a national music program that's made available in most communes and luckily they meet just up the street from our house.
I'm just thinking I don't have much more to write because my life is kind of boring! We did have a nice visit from Andy and my dad a couple weekends ago. I don't have the pictures downloaded yet to post but will try to do that soon.
Ok, well I need to get to sleep so I'll let you go.
Jocelyn
By the way, I'm looking for meaningful service ideas for youth/wards so if you have any ideas send them my way. Thanks so much.

Followers

Blog Archive