Monday, August 27, 2007

Soccer is crazy...For the first time in ten years of coaching, i feel burnt out. Things are going well...i just find myself with no time to myself. The church calling has not been a pain, but it sure is one more thing to worry about. It is nice to have some responsiblity in that regard.

The IWCC girls are very impressive, they beat Simpson College 5-1 on Saturday (simpson in in Indianola, Iowa. Very close to Oskaloosa). Simpson is an NCAA Division 3 school. The girls played one of the prettiest games of soccer I believe I have ever sidelined. The men are a full season project...the trick to them will be having to get them to peak at the proper time. We will see how that goes.

Club soccer is brutal...and just seems to be a bit of a burden right now.

One good thing, a player that Bobby used to coacha at William Penn, went on a mission, returned to play for me at IWCC and now plays for Grandview college in des moines set me up with a friend of his. She was the captain of the womens Grandview team last year and is from Council Bluffs. We have been hanging out the last few weeks. She grew up with my roommate and went to a Catholic school but is not very churchy. The good news is, she is fun, she respects my beliefs and the look on her face when I tolde her i was a 30 year old virgin was priceless! She could not believe it. Anyway, she is fun and has brought a twist of something else in to my life. Her parents seem to like me and have even cooked a home cooked meal for me already. DON'T worry, I am actually playing the game with her a little...and i am not "running after her" (so back of cindi). We have fun, we laugh tons and it is just nice to have a chick to hang with again...one that is fun and i dont feel like i have to worry about marriage or a serious relationship...we are just having fun and seeing where it takes us. Dating non-mormon girls scare the poop out of me though..they are just so different.

I thought I would share and let you all know that all is well...minus the strained left calv muscle and the hot and humid weather.

Love you all!

Followers

Blog Archive