Monday, October 29, 2007

Funny story of the day...



Yesterday was our Stake Conference and there are two things that are very important about stake conference:



1. That I look my best. Since everyone in the Church has know David his whole life I always feel like I´m getting "checked out" to see why he married the American girl!



2. The most important thing is that I have no responsibilities. I just get to sit back and relax and enjoy the "show".



So, as for looking my best...I did my best (at least the best I could do with 20 extra pounds). As for number two, it got totally RUINED!!! I hadn´t been in the building more than 30 seconds when the 2nd counselor of the Stake Presidency came up to me to ask me if I would...............TRANSLATE...............for the wife of the mission president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you that don´t know there are two things I hate doing in public...and speaking isn´t one of them. I HATE playing the piano and I HATE TRANSLATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I half sarcasticly, half seriously said "NO". He laughed and tried to smooth things over with, "Don´t worry you dominate both languages."

Needless to say I didn´t get to enjoy any of the conference, not even Davids singing (he was in the choir). I was nervous and sick-feeling the whole time. When the time came I got up on stage (good thing I tried to acheive number 1) and translated the best I could. There was only once when I actually stopped because I couldn´t think of the word. The only good that came out of this terrible experience is that I´m pretty sure they won´t be asking me to translate again. I´m just not a fast enough thinker! When I finished and sat back in me seat I still couldn´t enjoy the rest of the meeting because I was going back over what I had said in my head and thinking of better ways to say it!!! David was kind and told me I did a great job...I know better!

So after that fun filled experience I am going to die my hair black so they can´t pick me out in a crowd!!! The end.



Now for some more fun!!! Since last years "Ginn Gift Giving" was such a success (or not) I´ve decided to Post the names now... two months in advance. This way MAYBE they´ll arrive on time...or not SO late! Also, after many comments I´ve decided that this year we will see how the gifts for each COUPLE works. Just so you know I did pick the names out of a hat!!!



FROM - TO

Ed and Marie - Jeff and Jessie or is it Whitney or is it....

Nathan and Brandi - David and Cindi

Bobby and Gina - Ed and Marie

Jeff and... - Nathan and Brandi

David and Cindi - Bobby and Gina

Also, maybe it would be a good idea to give some ideas of what we want. I´ll start...Nathan and Brandi, I would love to have a new house paid for in full either in the U.S. or in Spain...or anywhere else for that matter!! Also a job for David in the U.S. that makes a good $200,000 a year wouldn´t be bad!! Or just a full family reunion... in SPAIN all trips paid for. That would be lovely! What? Am I asking too much?!?!?

Love you all and hope all is well. Hugs and kisses for everyone.
keep smiling

Followers

Blog Archive