Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Hi All! Now that I am getting older, pretty much ‘OVER THE HILL’, and considering they all live sooooo far away from me, you might think I would need something to remind me of my 6 wonderful grandchildren? Don’t really need anything to help remind me, but I do have a couple of things that help me ‘carry’ my grandchildren with me wherever I go. When the Normand’s lived close by, one day Shawnna picked up a seashell and gave it to me, and I placed it on the dash cover of my car. Was fun for me to look at the shell and think of Shawnna – she was with me all the time! I always wanted the other 5 grand kids to do the same thing, but so far haven’t been able to, so I did the next best thing. While sorting through much of Grandma Ginn’s ‘stuff,’ I came across a glass container filled with seashells. I sorted through them and ‘chose’ shells for the rest of the kids. As the picture shows, I lined them all up in a row and get to look at them and think of my grand kids every time I get in the car. The farthest shell to the right is a little abalone shell which I chose for Drew. The next one to the left, was the one that started it all, the one Shawnna gave to me. The next one is a star fish. I chose it for Alienor because she is a ‘star’ because she was my first grandchild. Then comes one for Guillaume, it’s bigger because he is the ‘big boy’ of the group. Next comes one I chose for Margot. As you can see, it’s a ‘unique’ shape for a ‘unique’ grandchild. Also, it’s the one that is often scooting out of line and down towards the front of the windshield – much like Margot, who often goes off and does her ‘own’ thing. Last is Perceval’s shell. I chose it because it was a beautiful brown color, so much like Perceval’s handsome brown colored hair – like his Dad’s, with waves and curls.

Some months ago, with the giving away of my 70’ VW Bug, I discovered I no longer had the personalized license plate ‘CASSY.’ That was really crushing to me, since I got that plate when personalized plates first came out and had it many years, but alas, due to my negligence, someone else is having fun of driving around with ‘CASSY’ on their car. Since then, I have been trying to think of another personalized plate I could get, but everything having to do with ‘CASSY’ was taken. Thought maybe I could use something to do with the school bus I used to drive. Her name was LuLu and she was # 21, but all those were taken too, but I kept wracking my brain and finally thought of the idea of taking the first initial of each one of my grandchildren and put it on the plate, from oldest to youngest along with one of those cute ‘hearts.’ I was so excited when I checked and found those letters weren’t taken. I signed up for it right away and now, as you can see by the picture, I have another way to always remember my grandkids, especially when I have those ‘senior moments’, which are occurring more frequently all the time.

Love you all!
Sassy Cassy

Followers

Blog Archive