Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Well, I guess I'll take the silence as a resounding 'no, we don't have any suggestions for you!'

I just got back from my first BOY SCOUT! meeting. I looked BSA up a month ago and called the guy over our region and found that they would be having a booth at the Int'l School's back to school ice cream social early September. So I went to that and signed up to show my interest in starting up a pack here. The closest pack is about an hour away in Bitburg area (Germany). So, looks like I'll soon be a den leader for a group of 3rd-4th graders. Patrice thinks I'm crazy - like I don't have anything else to do - homeschooling, extracurricular activities and 3 callings. But hey, what's another hat to wear?!

I can't wait to get it started! I told them my biggest obstacles will be a husband that travels frequently and the fact that we only have one car. But other than that, I'm good to go.

I will say that it was weird to be going to a meeting in English and to know that everyone was going to be speaking English, more or less. Kind of empowering actually. If I can do it in French, English is no problem.

I'll keep you updated. This will probably be the beginning of a long 'career' in the BSA.

Jocelyn

Followers

Blog Archive