Saturday, December 15, 2007

Well since you have all sked...I will tell...

I have taken Whitni on two dates. Her bed time is generally between 9:30 and 10:30. She powered through both nights until 1am. Because of her chronic fatigue, she has to go to sleep at a decent hour so this was a stretch for her. The two dates could not have gone any better.

Date 1) I took her to a favorite restraunt of mine, Buffalo Wild Wings. We are both pretty competitive so I decided to go there because they have games on the t.v. screen, quizz games, texas hold'em, etc. SO we ate and sat there and talked and laughed and talked trash for about two hours. It was fun. We went to a movie theatre and the movie we both wanted to se was not playing for another 90 minutes. So we went to the nearest grocey store, purchased some cards and played speed for an hour. I kissed her at some point during the card games...now let me explain, Whitni is always on the top of her game at everything, she is always confident and does not get rattled...so it was fun to see her flustered and speachless...see mom, the 200 girls i kissed prior to Whitni is paying off ;) So we laughed about it because i was her 7th and she was really scared to kiss me because she thought she would suck...and she did...but the last two days she has improved ;) O.K. so we saw the movie AUGUST RUSH, we were one of two couples in the place, we had the seats with no arm rests and we just snuggled the entire movie. We liked the movie a lot by the way. And no we did not sit there and make out the entire time, it was a real good movie to take her to for the first date. We were pretty comfortable with one another. I took her back to her car (cant take her to the dorms so we drove and met somewhere) and i kissed her goodnight and my kiss led in to her not letting me go for a long time. ANYWAY, she called me when she woke up the next day and said, "did last night really happen?"

Date 2) We met and I took her to a real nice restraunt, another of my favorite, the place makes their own root beer and like moms spaghetti sauce it has tons of sugar in it, so it is really, really good. Anyway, she looked amazing, we played dress up because we were going to a play. SO we were dressed up, looking mature and sophisticated (i know it is hard to believe) and we just had a great time enjoying one anothers company and being, as Virginia would say, "dolled up." So we went to the omaha playhouse and watched "A CHRISTMAS CAROL." It was avery well done and extemly detailed. Did I mention that Whitni just looked gorgeous!?! When we came out of the theatre there was about 1-2 inches of fresh snow on the ground. It had not snowed for a few days so it was pretty...until we hit the roads...FYI, I love 4wheel drive :) So we were driving home and as we exited down the ramp a car spun out in front of us, i pulled over and before I knew it i was ankle deep in mud, my dress clothes were muddy...I stopped and helped get the guy out of the hole he was in. It was a chore but it was a great story and whitni took the time to clean me up, as i had dirt on my face and hair from when the wheels were spinning. We finally got to her car and sat in the truck (wink wink) while it was warming up.

Im trying to be REAL level headed, but i feel like the feelings I have had for her over the last 11 months were confirmed and that she is starting to be less afraid of having a real relationship that has a purpose and a future.

I will hang out with her for a few hours this evening, then tomorrow at church and after church. Then i wont see her until December 26th where she will be in Utah (her grandma lives in Sandy) to spend time with me while I am at Bobbys. I will keep you all updated on the "single guys" life. All being said and done, the last two days have been worth the wait and I am happy that she is seeing that I can make her happy.

I love you all!

Followers

Blog Archive