Sunday, June 18, 2006

The game against Italy on Saturday wasn't much better than their first last week against the Chezchs. I'm hoping they can pull it off, mainly for the popularity and future of soccer (futbol) in this close-minded country! I did notice that the team did a much better job of defending their goal, especially the goal keeper himself. This was much better than the game last week. It's a shame with the elbows to the head in World Cup history with the Americans. We will never forget Leandro throwing a horrible elbow in 94 crushing the skull of one of the Americans. We have disowned him as a Brazilian player.

Brazil has shown the world again what a strong team it is in this World Cup. I believe and have seen in the past how the team starts slow in the first round and progressivly gets faster and stronger. I love the fact that they put in their bench warmers at the end of the game to get the game back up to speed against the slower, tired defending team. It was an exciting game against the Australian Socceroos.

All we have to do now is hope that Italy can win in their next game this week, and the USA wins their next game also. This will lock them in for the next round of play. We'll see!

In other news, Andy gave a talk today on Fathers Day. I gave many examples of Uncle Ed being a big father figure in my younger years. Thank you for all of your support and help in my life. I appreciate everything. We miss being around and sharing the kids with you. We hope you have a good week.

Followers

Blog Archive