Friday, June 09, 2006

Memorioal Day Weekend

I spent Memorial Day Weekend in Denver with my 13 year old girls team. The elevation and the dry heat was new to them. They played well, except for the match that Nate, Alexa, Brinley and Aunt Barb showed up to. I was pleased with the results and really enjoy my group of girls. They are fun and passionate abotu the game. They work very hard!

Anyway, we were done with the tournameent on Sunday night, so Monday I spent the afternoon in Nates backyard playing soccer with Alexa and Brinley as well as took a nap with Natalie. Brandi took pictures of us napping and I am hoping that they will show up on the blog shortly.

Nate and Brandi wee awesome, there home is filled with the spirit as well as optomism and joy. As i was playing soccer, they were working in the yard, and developing a lovely cement divider around the egse of the grass where the flowers and bushes take over. It is a well manicured lawn and backyard.

The WORLD CUP began today, Germany just beat Costa Rica 4-2, it was a fun match, three goals by the 18th minute :) Six total. It was a great opener. The U.S.A Plays Monday at 12 Eastern on ESPN2, Brazil plays their first match Tuesday at 3pm Eastern on ESPN2, Spain plays their first match Wednesday at 9am Eastern on ESPN2.

Enjoy!

USA will have a tough time, unlike powerhouses Brazil and Spain that received cup cakes for opposition in their group play and will both find themselves deep in to the tournament...USA will have to earn rights to the second round.

Camps begin next week, we will have nearly 200 campers...that is a lot! and then in 2 weeks we have try outs for CBFC (www.cbsoccer.com). So my June is brutal.

The home I was looking at buying fell through so I will wait until next summer to dive in to that fun stuff.

I plan on Visiting Andy's family July 8, 9 and 10th as well as August 5,6 and 7th (the MLS All Star game is on the 5th. !EL FUTBOL ES VIDA!

Love ya!

Followers

Blog Archive