Monday, January 21, 2008

Well, I agree with Jocey, alive...not dead.

It seems from the moment I got back from Utah I have been busy, busy, busy! The good news...I get to head back to Utah in two days:) I got back from the Christmas break and have been working on four very hard things.

1-Playing fireman for Council Bluffs Futbol Club
It always seems that at this time of year I get to do some troubleshooting for the coaches and parents. Parents not happy, coaches not knowing how to resolve concerns on their own. It is a blast to be in the beginning stages of developing a functioning soccer community. Thursday night I had to conduct a counciling meeting with one of our coaches, because of his lack of desire to conform to the u.s. soccer federations guidelines we had to release him (this is never a pretty sight!) Last night I had a parents education meeting. I spent all day Thursday putting together a powerpoint presentation for parents. The powerpont was titled: THEY PLAY. I COACH. YOU CHEER...with an emphasis on the YOU CHEER part. I had to address the state of our club, the maturation process that the club is going through and explain the role of the parent. It is always fun telling parents how to be good "soccer parents." It is the nature of the beast that I am in :)

2-IWCC Recruiting.
I have been on the phone a lot with players in Utah. I am planning on seeing a number of boys this Friday, so I have been contacting club coaches while coach Benett has been calling high school caoches. Hopefully we will have some quality boys show up.

3-The girl.

Still going well, progressing and learning more and more each day about one another. She is starting to learn how to prioritize me. Being that she has very little experience in the dating/courting process she is nervous and scared. However, she is progressing with the idea of "us" and I am real pleased with how things are going. I am excited to spend some time with her this weekend.

4-I actually enrolled in 6 credits of classes. I am not really excited, as it takes up a lot of my time. However, I am ready to start tackling that obstacle now.

Love and miss you all!

Followers

Blog Archive