Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cass I remembered how to get on the blog. Sorry everyone that is why I haven't being saying thanks for the latest posts.

Jeffery.
Cass and I decided that your packing and hauling skills are a hand-me-down from Grandpa Ginn. we both remember being in his 1950 era stake bed truck when it was packed higher than the six foot high stakes attached to the bed of the truck. It was loaded so heavy that even with an extra leaf spring over the rear tires he had to cut out part of the wood over the tires so they wouldn't burn up when we hit a bump. We were moving from Carlsbad NM to Dana Point CA in July of 1954. As we came down the mountains into San Diego we were being battered around pretty good by the wind and the truck was swaying from side to side and was top heavy just like Jeff's load. Cassy was sleeping on the floor under my feet an I was sitting in the passenger side when a gust of wind hit us and dad was fighting to keep the truck on the road and not tip over and we went off on the shoulder and started to go and at the same time I dove towards dad to keep us from tipping as he brought the truck to a stop. I had seen mom do this a few years before as we were driving home from a vacation in Texas. It worked for her and it worked for me.
The real scary thing is that at that time it was twenty to thirty years before seat belts. The Lord had to work overtime during that period of time to keep the Ginn family alive

Followers

Blog Archive