Wednesday, September 03, 2008

HI ALL!! Just wanted to bring you up-to-speed on my ‘Bicycling Diaries.’ (I coined that phrase from a line in my brother, Jim’s last letter). Anyway, after my ‘crash and burn’ a week or so ago, I’ve been on the mend. Today was to be my ‘Back in the Saddle’ ride to work, but the leg hasn’t been feeling or looking the best so thought I should get to the docs and have it looked at before I set off again! I got a late appointment yesterday and good thing I did. He was none too happy with me because I waited so long to have it checked, and the bad news is IT’S INFECTED!! (Surprisingly, the bruise part, not the gash part). Have to be on antibiotics for 10 days and he doesn’t want me riding the bike for the next 2 weeks – ugh!! – it wouldn’t be good to re-injure the leg while it’s trying to heal from the first injury.

All I can say is I’m glad fuel prices are down below $4 a gallon, so things won’t be so tight for the next couple of weeks! I’ll keep you posted but for now, I’m getting to work ‘driving behind the wheel’ not ‘riding on top of them!!’

Love you all,
Cassy

Followers

Blog Archive