Thursday, September 11, 2008

Well it has been a while since I have posted on here. So here it goes. Over the last three months I have attended 5 tournaments, 97 matches and ran 63 training sessions (these are estimations, but pretty dang close). It has been a fun summer. I have really enjoyed being able to hang out with Bobby and his family and just be in Utah. The soccer club is thriving and I am now in the business of training 4-10 year olds. I hope to get pictures for you, but 4 days of my week I am out there mentoring moms and dads while they train the kids. It is fun, but it requires a ton of patience. The best part is that I have already seen a huge improvement in the kids development. The parents are very complimentary and don't understand how I can keep the kids interest for 80 minutes when their recreation coach cant keep them organized for more than 10 minutes without sending them for five minute water breaks. It is fun but very challenging.

I had a coaches meeting tonight. I did a workshop on developing a positive attitude. It was based off of a book i read this last month called, "The No Complaining Rule." The book is written by Jon Gordon. I picked it up when I was wondering around Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago. I have been in a pretty downer mood lately, but this book has lifted my spirits and helped me look at the positive in everything.



Nothing real big going on here, I am on a soccer field for over 35 hours a week and behind a computer working for at least another 30 lately. Put together a Blog for the club (www.infinitysoccer.blogspot.com) and created multiple web pages (http://www.infinitysc.com/page/U8--U10-Girls-Acadmey-Information.aspx) to make the youth academy function properly.

So, I am going to go watch the US national team play Trinidad & Tobago on DVR.

Love and miss you all!

Followers

Blog Archive