Tuesday, July 11, 2006

OH THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!!!!!!

I will miss being able to come home and watch a match every evening (thank heavens for FOX Soccer channel and DVR). The 3rd place match was a BLAST...I hate Portugal and their frantic (X Brazilian manager) Coach. The diving from the Portuguese discusted me...the whistles from the crowd when Christiano Ronaldo (amazing ball ahandler) touched the ball made me happy...he made a fool of himself the entire cup. The Germans were classy, well coached and dominant. I doubted them at first and they grew on me. Similiarly, I doubted France. The best midfield and midfielder in the tournament. Zidane, regardless of his crazy antics rightfully earned the Golden Boot at the end of it all. We all snap at sometime...he simply chose a poor time to do so...and FYI he did not loose the game for him...a very qualified French men struck the cross bar...Remember? It is not like he replaced Zidane, he would have shot regardless.

I used to hate games ending in shoot outs...I don't mind it so much now that I have been part of soccer so much. The fatigue, the mental strategies (mind games) all add up to the most dramatic finish in sports...we were on the edge of our seats the entire 2.5 hours. I wish France would have won, but the honor was all mine as I got to watch one of the finest matches in world cup history...it was fast, attacking and creative. Italy's goal was nothing short of amazing, as as the earned P.K. that Zidane so confidently lobbed in to the frame.

It is a beautiful game, we learn so much from it...I love it and adore it and can't wait for the women's world cup next summer, then the olympics the following summer and then repeat.

In Iowa; the beautiful game continues. In a month I wil have 60 players wearing the Blue of IWCC learning to battle for a national title. We have tremendous soccer players coming to Iowa. We have three months to develop them as individuals and as a functioning team. I am very excited. The other part, Council Bluffs Futbol CLub (CBFC) is thriving, especially on the girls side...We have 7 fully rostered girls teams...U11, U12A, U12B, U13, U14, U15 & U17. I personaly coach the U14 and U17 teams and am in charge of the coaches development for the entire club. On the boys side we had fewer boys...as you can imagine, the daddys around here think baseball and football are more important...another reason to not be a Huskers fan! We have a U11, U12 & U14 with barely enough for a team in each age group and the U17 team, we had to turn 9 kids away. And the 17's are very good, they should earn their way in to the premier division this fall.

Things here are busy, I am a stress ball with all of the things I am doing, but I am growing up and learning to deal with people and issues as well as learning to delegate a bit more.

If you want to follow the progression of the college you can follow it at www.athletics.iwcc.edu and for the club www.cbsoccer.com

I have also learned the art of developing and updating a web site as you will see on the club site.

You always telll me to just blab away so I did...hope i didnt make you snooz!

Love y'all!

Followers

Blog Archive