Monday, July 31, 2006

Ok people, I am finally sitting down to write about what's going on in our lives here in the Chicagoland area. Let's just say that it's been a hectic few weeks around here. First of all, on my father's side, I have a cousin visiting us from Pennsylvania. This has taken most of our time over the last week. She is only 17 and it's been our duty to make sure that she does not have one bored moment while she's here. After she leaves, we'll know everything there is to know about what to do downtown and where to park for the least amount of money.

I had a bomb dropped on me at work last week on Tuesday. My big bosses from Phoenix showed up for simple "meet and greet" meetings. They got the VW crew together and told us that UTI and VW will be closing down the Chicago campus in two months. This means I won't be teaching VW classes anymore. What a shock!!!!! They pay for me to get out here, train me in Phoenix for a week, depend on me in the first three weeks to start teaching on my own, and are already taking me out of the VW program. The only other places now to teach VW are in Rancho Cucamonga and Exton, Pennsylvania. I don't want to move out to the Ranch, and we aren't ready to move to Pennsylvania. They have openings in both Boston and Orlando for Mercedes Benz instructors. Boston has a huge Brazilian community and we would love to live there. The only problem is that we just started living here and are already starting to like it. Who knows what will happen? They have already guaranteed my salary and position, no matter what I decide to do. I asked them if they would pay for "tattoo removal" since I won't be needing the VW's I have all over my back. They laughed and said that I should hold onto them because I might need them in the future.

Like I said, we don't know what's going to happen. We hope it'll be for the best. I know I am not happy to be leaving the VW brand, but a job is a job. We'll take pictures when Jeff shows up on Thursday and put them up on the blog. Thanks for the requests for information from here, I'll do better after all of our visitors leave.

Followers

Blog Archive