Monday, January 29, 2007

So I thought I´d get in on the fun. You´d think I´d send you SPANISH names, but no...the names in CATALAN are much more fun!!!

Abelard
Aleix
Empar
Assumpció
Blai
Dídac
Llura
Neus
Pau
Pere
Guerau
Gonçal
Sanç
Sibil.la (yes the dot is supposed to be there)
Vincenç

I was going to write out how to pronounce each of them, but I think you all trying to pronounce them in your own way will be much more fun!

Here are some names that I actually DO like in Catalan:

Andreu (an-dray-u) Andrew in english
Mireia(Me-ray-ah)
Jaume (Ja-ou-mah) Jamie in english - don´t like it in english AT ALL
Xavier or Xavi for short (ch{very soft}-a-vee-air)
Josep(jew-sep) Joseph in english

Alicia (a-lee-th-e-ah) - this is how it´s pronounced in spanish NOT catalan, I like it better.

Well, there you have it. Unfortunately I don´t see myself winning a trip to Paris because you like one of the names I´m sending!! Love you all. cindi

Followers

Blog Archive