Thursday, June 28, 2007

We just had Christmas in July (almost July). To each child that attends music class for the year (the national music school), our commune gives a 20 Euro gift certificate to Cactus (Walmart-like store). So Margot and Guillaume each received 20 E and Alienor received 40 E because she does music theory and flute. Today Alienor is off in the afternoon and so we all went shopping for toys! I rarely go out with all 4 kids (I rarely go out period!) and when I do I always feel like momma duck with her ducklings. I only had one person, an older man, turn and watch us go by and luckily he didn't make any rude comments. He just stared in wonder and amazement and turned to his wife to say look at her with 4 kids! Margot, Guillaume (and Perceval) all got PlayMobil. Alienor was a little more difficult to shop for. She ended up with some Polly Pockets, a book, nail polish and a necklace. It only took us about an hour and there were no tears or temper tantrums which is a miracle. And then when we checked out, come to find out there's some sale on toys so they were 20% off!! Good deal. It came out to 63 E so I only used 3 of the 4 20 E coupons which means I have 20 E left to spend and the kids don't know about it!!! What a mean mother I am, taking money from my children! I'll probably buy some books that I want them to have, or a game for the whole family.
Anyway, they are all upstairs playing so nicely with their new toys that I have a few minutes to myself. That only happens every so often so I have to take advantage of it!
Hope you have a great day.
Jocelyn

Followers

Blog Archive