Monday, July 02, 2007

Growing up.

So today, I purchased a truck. I piad $4000 down and traded in my truck for $2500 ($1500 more than it is worth!). I bought a 2005 Ford F-150. Wing doors on an extra cab. Everything power. 17,000 miles with a 5 year warranty or until the odometer reads 75,000. I can afford the payment and the slight increase in insurance coverage...but I am going to finally have to earn my personal finance badge the real way...by budgeting real money. I am proud that my credit score is finally adequate and out of the unspeakable numbers I once had. I may not have a wife, but at least I am now attempting to learn how to budget for one in case one comes along. I hope to get some pictures of the truck up for you. It is bright red, and pretty sharp. I wish it was Black, but the deal was pretty good and the resale value of the truck is pretty on target to be able to sell it in a few years and not loose much money on the deal.

I get to see mom and dad Tuesday night, as i am flying home at dads request and after my A.D.'s struggle to give a poop about the importance of family. It will be nice to help dad clean up the old office (he is moving out of one of them) and hopefully go relax in the California sun for a day or two. I am poor now...so In-N-Out is all on dad!

I love and miss you all...look for pictures of the new ride soon!

-GINN

Followers

Blog Archive