Monday, July 02, 2007

I received a very scary call this morning!

Yesterday I had to work because it was the first day of the Summer Sales, but I did make it to Sacrament Meeting. The Stake Pres. was there, but I figured he had to interview people for callings etc. and since I have a number of callings I thought my quota was filled and I didn´t think he would need to talk to ME! Well, I was wrong!

Back to the phone call... at 9:30am I got woken up by the ringing of the phone (yes, 9:30, it´s a holiday here so no work, and I STILL don´t have children, so I can sleep in!) it was the Stake Pres.. I wasn´t expecting it to be him, so it jolted me a bit. So we started talking and he asked me about my work schedule and different things and then said, "I´ve been thinking about who could be the new seminary teacher in Terrassa and I thought of YOU." (You see as well as being the Stake Pres. his job job is overseeing all the CES stuff in the Barcelona area.) This made me quite nervous, this is one of the callings that I have A LOT of respect for, it´s not something you can just "wing". So already nervous I asked him what they were going to study this year (hoping and praying for the Book of Mormon or Doctrine and Covenants) and he responded with those two BIG words, "ANTIGUO TESTAMENTO" which just happens to mean the OLD TESTAMENT!!! I think this was the first time in my life that I actually thought of turning down the calling....but I didn´t. What a way to start the day!

I am scared and nervous and feel totally unqualified for this calling. On the other hand...if the youth don´t learn anything, I´m sure I will.

So, that´s the latest update here in Spain. Oh, just so you know the Larks (Craig and Debbie) are here in Barcelona and we got to go have dinner with them last friday. It´s always fun to see familiar faces over here.

Nathan the playhouse looks GREAT. Would you mind if David and I came over and lived in it...it looks bigger than our apartment!

Hugs and kisses for everyone. Keep smiling.

Followers

Blog Archive