Tuesday, July 31, 2007

HI ALL! Well, as Ed said, we made it home from LAX late Sunday night. I handed off the care-taking duties to Jocelyn. We were actually on the ground at Dulles Airport at the same time; she taxing into her gate, me waiting on the tarmack to lift off - was a good feeling, knowing that Andy, Ninha and the children are in good hands for the next few days! Just as we were getting ready to drive to the airport, the thunder roared, the lightening crashed and the skies opened up and the rain poured down in buckets. I love that kind of weather, made me think of years passed living in that area and experiencing the exciting, clashing, crashing weather changes only the rest of the states get to experience. I thought, gee, would be so wonderful if we could just bottle all that water and get to CA because we are in such a drought here. Of course, I enjoy that kind of weather when you can stay inside, bake cookies or snuggle up and watch TV - not to be driving in or having to fly!! Got to the airport and many flights had been re-routed and delayed. My original flight was scheduled to take off at 4:47pm - finally lifted off the ground at 8:10pm - so my nerves were a 'BIT FRAZZLED' to say the least, considerng flying in my absolutely 'least favorite' thing to do. What with having to give a good bye hug to Ninha, the kids and Andy and then, the added stress of the weather - I was a wreck!! Fortunately, I sat by a stewardess making a turn around back to LAX - she was such a 'hoot'. Always saying she would tell me when to really 'worry.' So, I was able to calm down and 'almost' enjoy the flight. Saw a good movie 'Premonition' with Sandra Bullock. I had wanted to see it, so was fun to watch something new, even though I wasn't too happy with the ending. One of those weird ones that wasn't very clear cut - I guess it let's you make it what you want!! On the other side of me, had a nice English lady who was traveling back to her home in Brisbane, Australia. Loved her accent and sense of humor. So, all in all, was a good flight home! Was so nice to be back to my home. If travel does any thing at all for me, it makes me appreciate my little 'cracker box' home and the wonderfu, beautiful area I live in. Yes, I know there are all kinds of other wonderful, beautiful areas to live and work but I'm just happy to be home, here!! I had a wonderful time with the kids - Shawnna is growing up so much, she is so smart and willing to help. She did the dishes for me every night. Little Drew is just a cutie pie, with his 'smooze me' and 'again, again'. He is smart too and speaks so good that he made Grandma TaTa's job helping them so much easier. They are both wonderful children, thanks to the great love and care and teaching that Ninha has given them in just these few years! I love them all!
Love you all - Till' next time!
Grandma TaTa

Followers

Blog Archive