Tuesday, October 07, 2008

In July, I finally let Alienor get her ears pierced. It was a weird experience - for me!! - because the lady used a 'gun' of sorts but one that you have to manually push the pointed earring through the ear. After the first ear I realized it wasn't an automatic gun and the thought of it turned my stomach but everything worked out for the best actually because Alienor didn't feel a thing. And I thought she'd be crying! The lady said the kids cry when she uses the automatic gun but not when she uses the manual one. Go figure.
I know I'm a bit of a pack rat when it comes to craft supplies and sometimes I wish I could throw it all away but I'm always so happy when I have just what I need for some project. Alienor wanted to make earrings so we got out my shoebox full of Gramma's jewelry making supplies and went through them. (Can I tell you how much I LOVE all of those little square plastic boxes!!) Most of the things are better suited to charm bracelets, broaches, etc. but Alienor came up with these earrings and I think they turned out well. She was excited to have something 'dangly' for Sunday. I love putting Gramma's things to good use.

Followers

Blog Archive