Monday, October 27, 2008

The trip to Madrid was a success. I got the marriage certificate ordered and spent two days in the temple! Yes, I hit Starbucks too!!!
I put the pictures of the room at the hostal so you all would have an idea of what they are like. They´re very nice and clean...of course.
In about two weeks I´ll have to go back to pick up the marriage certificate, because they don´t send it to me. It works out pretty well...the week I have to go is our stakes week to be at the temple and on Saturday of that week the youth are driving down to do baptisms. So, I´ll stay all week again and drive back with the youth.
This time was quite the experience...almost all the sessions I went to were in Portuguese (it was a stake from Portugals week to be there) and after listening with the headphones once in english and once in spanish I did the rest without headphones...they get in the way...besides I got to the point that I could understand everything. In two days I did one hour of iniciatorios(i have no idea how to spell it in english!) and 8 sessions. In one of the sessions I ran into a group of kids from BYU that are in Madrid studying. It was fun to talk to them. I also got to know all the little temple workers... honestly this was great because I´m just about to turn 30 and in the temple I always feel so YOUNG!!! The temple workers took good care of me...they´re always so sweet and they love what they´re doing.
It was lots of fun...except for the cold rainy part waiting in line to order the marriage certificate...I can´t wait to go back. Going to the temple is the closest thing I have to going home, I feel very loved when I´m in the temple.
Love you all. Have a happy day. Keep smiling!



I slept on the top bunk!


Followers

Blog Archive