Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Things are getting busy again. My knee still hurts. I don't think I will be able to train this Friday as projected, but that is fine. It is healing up well. I am going to have knee problems all of my life. I am sure that my MCL will give one day as it is "inflamed, yet intact and strong."

Spring training has began. I now get up every morning and lift at 6:30 AM. Not my favorite thing in the world but it is good for me. This week is sort of a hell week for our IWCC players as they ae having to run 2-4 miles a day and lift tues and thurs as well as work on sprint work and muscle memory work 3 times a week. This week is rather vigorous.

This Friday we are flying 5 girls from Utah/Idaho to come to a try out/school walk through. We will also have about 20-30 local girls coming. We have rented out an indoor soccer facility...synthetic grass, but full field all under a roof. We will be having our recruits play our current team. I believe that it will be a great match. We have some players that we are real excited about and we believe we will be even stronger next year. It should be a blast this Friday.

Club soccer is going well...we have a web site being built as well as technical training sessions developing our players individual skills. This is a great place for me. I truly am gaining confidence as well as excelling in what I hope is a long coaching career. It is becoming more of a job, as Bobby said it would, but the club teams really keep me going...I love seing their progression and their passion for the sport glow as they learn new moves and skills.

Love y'all...I will try to get a picture to you sometime of my mop.

Followers

Blog Archive