Tuesday, May 01, 2007



Hi All! Jocelyn is having trouble posting again, so she asked me to post the following:

Today was a PERFECT day. I wish there were a recipe to follow to have all days turn out like today. It was a vacation day so Alienor was home from school. It’s amazing how much less stress we have in our home when she stays home. (Patrice thinks that’s not true, just my warped homeschooling opinion!!) The kids played well ALL day long. We did art, geography, and science this morning. Then we took a bike ride down the hill, stopped to feed the horses, and continued on to the park. We came back and had lunch at 12:30 and then Perceval took a long nap. He was sick this weekend and isn’t feeling 100% yet. I went over music with the other kids while they continued their projects for the day. Alienor was making princess slippers. Guillaume got into making Roman swords and head gear plus a tunic for Alienor – all out of paper. The girls ended up changing into sheets for their Roman-wear. In amongst all that I got to take a NAP!! Just long enough to get rested but not long enough to wake up groggy. Perfect. Then I whipped up a lasagna and carrot salad for dinner. I tried to call around to invite someone over for dinner but Patrice and I couldn’t decide on who (he never wants to share lasagna!) and the people I ended up calling weren’t home (Gerouville, Marichal, Elders had RDV, Sisters had plans). I even got some housework in there too – I cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed. And through it all there was NO stress (I mean I wasn’t running around trying to get stuff done). That’s probably the key, no stress, plus the willingness of the children to cooperate. I always say, when Guillaume is happy, everyone is happy. The only thing that didn’t end perfectly was that the kids didn’t get ready for bed as nicely as I would have hoped given the day and I didn’t read to them. I had Patrice get them in bed because I was going to get mad and didn’t want to ruin my day like that. Tomorrow is no school as well, although I’m not sure what the reason is, so I can only hope that tomorrow will go as smoothly as today!! (I can dream can’t I?!)
Hope your day goes as well as mine did!!

Followers

Blog Archive