Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sundance Film Festival

It is a few weeks old, but it is a contribution to the family blog right?

Well a few weeks ago I was in Park City For Olympic Development (ODP) training. I always pack clothes, "just in case" I stay in Salt lake City or with Bobby or whatever. I am glad that I did.

Anyway, after ODP was over, i went down and hung out with Bobby, Gina, their Kids and Gina's sister and husband and their kids. It was a fun chill night. Pretty much Milly was the only courageous one to try the motocross trampoline (sounds more complicated than it really is). We pretty much sat back and watched Stacia, Landon and Milly hide a toy in the living room and let the others find it. It was rather amusing.

It was Saturday night and I was heading back to Logan and my phone rang. It was all of my buddies from Utah County. Long story short I made a U Turn and started to head up to Park City for the second time of the day to meet up with them.

We wandered the bitter cold streets of Park City and had a lot of fun. I am not a Soporanos guy, but supposedly we were hanging out with a few of the main characters...I was more interested in the pretty girl from San Diego...go figure. We ran in to a handful of celebrities but nobody real special in my mind. Mostly it was just fun because we got to meet a lot of people from all over the country and just hang out till the wee hours in the morning.

I stayed in Orem the following day and went up to Park City the following day. This was more fun... we ate at a pizza shop where we sat with the lead singer from the counting crows (sorry, he was to chill to ask for a picture...I hate doing that). he was real down to earth, asked about mormonism and thought it was pretty interesting...the usual crazy stuff...he gave me a lot of crap for being a 31 year old virgin. But it was funny...not mean.

We walked out of the pizza place and right in front of us is a guy by the name of Charlie Day


In the picture from left to right: Shep, Charlie Day, Dal, me and Ross.

Anyway, we walk out and Chalie Day is there and Shep goes, "Always sunny in Philadelphia!?" and Charlie turned around...at this time i saw who it was and I yelled CHAAAAARLIE DAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! Who pooped the bed?"

I showed cindi my favorite episode of Always Sunny (who pooped the bed) when she was in the U.S. Its sounds very light minded...and it is...but Cindi was laughing pretty hard if I am not mistaken :) Anyway, Charlie Day was going to catch a cab, instead he paid the cabby that stopped to take him and told him to have a good night and then proceeded to walk down to the bottom of main street with us. The guy was hilarious and found us rather amusing. I love the show, I don't recommend it for the majority of the readers of this blog, but, wow, I think it is a total guys show. Anyway we hung out and Charlie was just stoked to have people know who he was and be actual true fans and not just some dudes looking to find celebs. Honestly, very funny...that walk down Park City's main street was a blast as we ran in to other b, c and beyond celebs. Some of which we knew, some of which we pretended to know when Charlie introduced us.

I have been to Sundance a few times and never seen as many stars just walking around. It was a fun night and it had only just begun.

We got to the bottom of main street where a lot of the stuff is going on; tv cameras and crews set up...back drops etc.

Shep and Ross had a friend working at a club and we were supposed to be able to just walk in. Well, that was not the case. We were bummed as this is generally where you run into the glamorous folk.

HOW I MET AND HUNG OUT WITH D. WILL - the guy at the door was from Bristol, England. As we stood there not willing to pay the $50 cover I heard his accent and asked him, "who he supported." He looked at me like Huh? and then said, "what do you mean." I replied, "if you were across the pond and someone asked you that question what would be your response?" He replied, "liverpool." I had broken the ice, we talked FOOTBALL for about 10 minutes, he was surprised with my knowledge of the game (something I am trying to get better at is following european football). Anyway, Bristol, as I called him, eventually lightened up and let the group of us in for free.

About 30 minutes later a friend of ours met up with us and i went out to get Bristol to let him in as well. It cost us $18 to get him in as the manager needed to see some income. Right as we were walking in, I looked back at this entourage of people. It included Derrin Williams and Ronnie Brewer. They play for the Utah Jazz. Bristol, being from England had no clue who they were and didn't care for basketball. I explained that if he didn't let them in that his manager would be very upset with him as this is like not letting wayne rooney, dani alvez or any other English Premier League all star in.

I did some finagling with him, told him to go get his manager and Derrin and Ronnie, took me by their side for the rest of the night after I got their entire group in for free. They were hilarious and chill. They are pretty big time celebrities in Utah so it was sort of fun to be running with them for an evening. They were very kind and introduced me to a lot of random people that i could care less about.



Me and Utah Jazz Point Guard Derrin Williams




Me and Utah Jazz player Ronnie Brewer


So, Sundance was fun and now I have added a blog that only briefly had soccer as part of it.

Followers

Blog Archive