Friday, April 27, 2007





Hi All! Well Thursday morning before going to work, I got a phone call from a distressed Shawnna telling me that she was in the hospital. Of course, that's not what Grandma's like to hear. Those first moments of thinking what's happened, what's wrong are soooo upsetting - my heart was in my throat! Through her tears, she was able to tell me that she got a tick in her ear - that she had been climbing the tree and must have picked up a tick. It was sometime over the weekend, so the little 'Tic' guy had some time to really burrow deep. Shawnna said, 'Why is it that they always have to use needles to fix things?' Yes, I don't like needles either but sometimes it's the best way to help. I spent time on the phone comforting her, and of course, the medicine was beginning to take effect, so Shawnna was calmed down and let the nurse help. They weren't able to get the head all out, and it's the 'bad' kind of tic, so they are giving her antibotics and in a couple of days, she will have to go back and have minor surgery to cut the little guy out from behind her ear. What it's like to be a kid, and the jobs of being a mother - many of us can relate to both!
Til' next time, love you all,
Sassy Cassy

Followers

Blog Archive