Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yeah, glad to be able to post again!! Thanks Nathan for the invitation. Actually, could you tell me how to invite others to join the blog? I have a Duffort blog (no activity!) and now that we've 'discovered' the Duffort cousins I'd like to invite them to join. Of course I don't know how though! Anybody know where I can click?

About Alienor's hair. We've been planning on cutting it off for over 6 months. We planned on doing it at Christmas but that didn't work out. So we put it off til Easter vacation. The plan was to have it long enough (at least 10-12 inches) to be able to donate it to Locks of Love. It's a non-profit organization that makes wigs for children with cancer. So I have Alienor's braids in a bag ready to send out on Monday. I think we cut off about 14 inches. Hopefully some little girl will benefit from the hair. We're counting it also as a Faith in God 'activity' under service. Alienor really likes her short hair and it has added a bounce to her step. It's easier to take care of in a way, but needs more styling. She's happy to have short hair like Abby. She is planning on growing it out again to be able to donate it again. We'll see how long it takes.

Other news...? I attended my first youth dance as YW president. It was a half stake activity and there were about 20-25 youth there plus a few adults. It was just like any other church dance and it really took me back. It made me think about all the youth dances I attended in NJ and made me wonder where all the kids are from my ward. I'm in contact with a few, but there are only 2-3 that stayed active after all these years (almost 20!!!).

Well, now that I can post again, you might not be able to shut me up!

Oh, I found an old tape and listened to it. It was a tape that Jimmy made and sent to me, I think in the fall of 98. But no, it has to be from earlier because he says that he thinks Nathan is home from his mission but Bobby isn't. So when would that be? It was just before Thanksgiving because he talks about us all getting together for Thanksgiving. Plus he has just sent a box to Gramma with a cake mix in it - because she makes the best cakes. He sure is an interesting guy and listening to him reminded me a lot of Grampa. Any news from Jimmy lately?

I'll go now and dig up some recent pictures to post, just for fun.
Glad to be back on.

Jocelyn

Followers

Blog Archive